Tuesday, June 9, 2009

B and W Trailer Hitches -- Humboldt, KS


Business Name: B&W Trailer Hitches
Business Type: Trailer hitch manufacturer
Address: 1216 Hwy 224
City: Humboldt
State: KS
Zip: 66748
Phone: 620-473-3664
Web Address: www.turnoverball.com
Rust Reviews Listing: None
Comments: My wife and I first bought the B&W turnover ball gooseneck hitch for our stock trailer. It's very easy to use and turns over leaving a flat bed in out pickup when we don't need to tow. About 18 months ago, we purchased a 5th wheel RV and the B&W Companion Hitch. The Companion Hitch is also easily removable from the truck bed, which allows us to tow the stock trailer or have a flat bed for loading plywood. The Companion Hitch operates easily and it also makes it easy to hitch up the 5th wheel -- obviously the hitch is well-engineered with high-quality materials.

Unfortunately, after our last camping trip, I couldn't remove a bolt that had to be removed to disassemble the hitch. When I tried to apply extra force, the bolt broke. I was able to remove the hitch, but it couldn't be remounted without new components.

I visited the B&W website and filled out a form describing the problem and asking about replacement parts. The next day, I had a response from Gregg at B&W Hitches telling me that B&W would send me the replacement parts at no charge if I faxed him a copy of the purchase receipt for the hitch. The next day I faxed the purchase receipt and within a few days, I had my replacement parts.

I was impressed with B&W Hitches for several reasons. First, there was no hassle about proving how the hitch was damaged -- it broke and they were going to fix it at no charge to me. Second, they acted quickly -- our upcoming trip can go as planned because I had the part within a few days.

There are so many companies these days that don't stand behind their products. If you have a problem during the warranty, you can expect to fight with the manufacturer. Not so with B&W Hitches. If it fails during the warranty period, which is a generous two years, they'll fix it without a fuss. B&W Hitches has earned my very strongest recommendation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't contacted B&W but plan to here this week. I have the B&W tow and stow branded with John Deere logo. I have to say that the product is well thought out and overall construction is something to be proud of, many people have walked by and asked about it. Unfortunately, I've used and made it through the winter and the hitch is showing signs of surface rust from the salt used on the roads and this doesn't come off, its powder coated. Its said since the hitch is just a little over a year old and with a powder coat finish and built for a truck, I presumed this to be equal if not better to the pickup in compairing corrosion standards. I will comment how the conversation goes.