Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Boudin Shop -- Henderson, LA

Business Name: The Boundin Shop
Business Type: cajun restaurant
Address: I-10, Exit 115
City: Henderson
State: LA
Zip: 70517
Phone: 337-667-6073
Web Address: Unknown
More reviews: Not available
Comments: This is a great place to eat tucked away in an old strip shopping center next to Landry's. It doesn't look like much, but they serve absolutely the best shrimp Po-Boy I've ever tasted. I've also tasted the etouffe and red beans and rice and they are outstanding. Prices are reasonable and service is friendly. Lots of locals eat here so there is often a wait during dinner -- folks phone in their orders for pick up. Well worth the stop!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stopped at the Boudin Shop twice more during recent trips to and from Alabama along I-10. Again the food was superb. The person behind me in line worked in Angola, Africa, and had heard of the food here from a co-worker. He had attended LSU, was back in the States for the LSU/OSU game, and made it a point to visit this place for some authentic Cajun food. When customers hear about a restaurant half a world away, you know the food is good here.

Anonymous said...

they have the best boudan in the world and it is a little hole in the wall place right off the interstate in Henderson, LA they have crawfish,seafood and pork boudan the best you will ever have had enjoy !!!

Anonymous said...

I discovered The Boudin Shop maybe 15 years ago driving from Houston to Atlanta. I had a taste for seafood and saw the Landry's sign and pulled off I-10. Entering Landry's parking lot, I noticed the shabby little row of shops tucked behind. I knew this would be much more to my liking, but it was out of this world!! The best shrimp po-boy EVER!! Even though I'm only through there every 2-3 years, I always stop off and indulge myself. I tell everyone about it...definitely worth going out of your way to experience!